6/2/09

Take me out to the Ball Game.

About 2 months ago Aaron joined a men's softball league. He usually plays Tuesday nights around 8:00 which means we never get to go but as luck had it to nights game was at 6:15.

We grabbed a quick dinner and made our way out to the diamonds (they are about 20 minutes from home which is so annoying to me) to meet up with the rest of the team. AJ was so excited he couldn't stop talking about it the whole way there. Unfortunately he was under the impression that he was going to be playing WITH Dad, and immediately broke into tears when we went to the bleachers and Aaron took to the Field.

He recovered fairly quickly and found a way to make baseball work one an individual level, lol! He was so funny running and playing, then he would stop and yell some encouraging words to Aaron before chasing down his own ball.

It was nice to get out of the house for a while, plus we haven't watched Aaron play any sports in a long time, which I actually enjoy. I can't believe that I am saying this but I really missed hockey this year. I only went to watch a few times each season but I loved hearing about the games and how happy it made him to play.

I only have the one lends for my camera so I couldn't get any great close ups or anything but here are some shots from out night out.


Here's our little coach gathering the team in and taking Dad aside to give him a few pointers.

When Poy wasn't up to bat he played on the side lines with Age, who is great at throwing the ball and.... still a little nervous about catching. I think he would just rather case it down.


As always I couldn't stop taking pictures of my little AJ. He is just to cute and I am sure you have all noticed this is my new favorite short on him. He played so hard and was having so much fun he couldn't even stop to let me straighten his hat! Oh well it's might be even cuter like that!



I also have yet to mention AJ's newest talent. He has always been a bit of a clean freak and his nose is no exception. He always asks for a tissue when he's done but I am just waiting for the day I see that finger go into his mouth, YUCK!

1 comment:

lynz said...

way cuter with the crooked hat! awww - i miss watching dust play sports too! too bad that they couldn't be on the same team who plays their games on friday afternoons so we could enjoy together :) looks like a fun night to me!