2/23/09

5 months Pregnant


I am now just over 5 months pregnant and loving it. I know that I am always talking about how big I am and how I show so early but I want to make it clear that neither of these things are upsetting to me. I love being pregnant, there is no other experience that can compare to carrying your child for 40 (and hopefully no more)weeks. I have been very lucky in my pregnancies so far and hope the trend continues. One of the first signs of pregnancy for me is complete and utter exhaustion! There is nothing I love more in my first trimester than sleep, it is my best friend and I will do anything necessary to get all the Z's I can. This time around my sleepiness lasted well into my second tri-mester, up until about 20 weeks, lucky for me I have an amazing little napper who sleeps from 1-4 most days giving me ample time to doze off. That is all behind me now and I am on to funner things! I began to feel our little one move around 18 weeks, nothing major, just a few little flips and turns every now and then. By 20 I was feeling all the little punches and kicks and then on Valentines day Aaron felt the baby kick for the first time too. I have been forcing him to hold his hands on my tummy 10 minutes at a time over the last few weeks to no avail but I guess the baby is getting stronger because he finally felt it! It's always so exciting when Dad can start to feel the baby kick, I think it makes everything seem more real. Other side effects so far include heartburn (usually between 2-4 AM!) Migraines (which I now know I can take medications for) and Carpotunnel (which is what it is and I obviously can't spell it!) and of course weight gain, lol. My emotions have been pretty good so far, well according to me, maybe we should check with Aaron!?! It is hard being pregnant with a husband who's schooling is so intense, I have cried over our lack of time together a few times, but it is all part of life. I understand how important school is and I am so proud of how great Aaron is doing. Sometimes on long rainy days, with a grumpy AJ,no naps, a messy house, and a headache your loss that perspective and melt down! What can I say, I'M PREGNANT! Sorry for the drama Poy, I love ya for taking it all in stride and always reassuring me.
AJ has been really great about becoming a big brother, probably because he doesn't really understand it just yet! He loves kissing my tummy goodnight, show the baby his toys by mashing them against my belly, and pushing in my belly button to "ring the baby's door bell" AJ really loves spending time with Beckam, although it is not the same as having a brand new baby around 24/7 I think the time they are spending together will help make the transition easier for Age. We are getting more and more excited about having another baby around but I must admit I am a little nervous too!

5 comments:

kelsey said...

you look gorgeous lace. in the first pic you looked a little sad, so i'm glad you posted another, and closer up!!! sorry i missed your phone call the other week. i've been crazy busy with school, and just life. after mid-terms this week i'll give you a call. i'll try not to interrupt your nap-time!

lynz said...

ya...what's with that sad face in the 1st picture?!? love the shirt and 5 months - yay!!!

Lacey said...

I am not sad in the first picture I was frustrated with Aaron's picture taking and was trying to get him to take one from the waist up. He wouldn't do it untill I came inside because he thought the white wall looked better than the outdoors. BOYS!

Caylee said...

You are a darling cute lil preggo girl, you look great! Super cute shirt too. :)

Nicole W. said...

You are GORGEOUS!!!!