2/2/10

Grandpa Tolman


Christmas was so busy this year we didn't really get to spend a lot of time with Grandpa and Grandma Tolman and aunt Alaina so we were really excited to find out that Grandpas business meetings would bring him to Portland.

His plane arrived January 16th around midnight and he got to stay until 4:00pm on the 22nd. It may not seem like a long time to you guys but when it comes to visitors we'll take whatever we can get!!!!

We spent most of the time chatting, playing dominion, and of course eating Delicious food. Lynz made beef on a bun for lunch and (at the missionaries request) we had waffles, whip cream, strawberry's, and all the breakfast extras for dinner. We also discovered the joy that is, THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY!!!!! What a special treat it was to get to all go out to dinner together and let me tell you this place dose not disappoint. The have amazing food, totally worth the 20 minute drive. I swear I gained 5 pounds that weekend.

It was so great to see the boys back at home in their comfort zone showing Grandpa what they do on an everyday basis. It seems like they get so much more out of their time with the Grandparents when they are totally comfortable and at home. Thanks for swinging by Portland Dad it was so great to see you for a few days!!!Here's Grandpa icing AJ head after getting a bad bonk on the desk chair. I am not sure which calmed him down more the ice or the ginormous sucker!

3 comments:

kelsey said...

Fun. The Cheesecake Factory is one of our all-time favorites. I miss it! We probably went 2-3 times a month when we lived in Boise- no joke! I love their mashed potatoes, when I was pregnant with Norah Jake and I would go and share the steak medallions with mashed potatoes and a side of asparagus. MMMM. . . thanks for making me crave it now! Also, if you go back, their breakfasts are really good, and they serve them all the time. Yum.

lynz said...

hehe - i love that one of aj's bonk being iced by grandpa - so cute :)

Mackenzie said...

I've never been to the cheesecake factory, but it sounds delish! Hey, I'm friends with one of your good friends Lace, we just found out last night! Nicki Kirkham? I assumed she was my age, but then she was tellin me about how she was really good friends with Lacey Tolman growing up, and I was like "Wait a sec, that's my cousin!" Anyway, that's my story, I hope you liked it =)