3/5/10

Walking with the dinosaurs

About a month ago we were watching TV and saw an add for, "Walking with the dinosaurs" which would be coming to Portland in late February. It looked AMAZING and with AJ being so into dinosaurs we really wanted to find a way to go. Unfortunately the tickets were just more than we could afford and the idea of just one of us going with him and someone being left at home wasn't great cuz' we both wanted to go. After giving up on the whole thing AJ got a call from his Grandpa Zoe and Gramma Moje to tell him that as an early birthday gift they got the three of us tickets for the show. He was SO excited!!! (as were we!!) We marked it on the calender and started counting down the days. On the day of the show Age and I went out to find him a dino shirt (so that he wouldn't want to buy one at the show) and to help him remember the show.

Since we still had a gift certificate from our anniversary we decided to make it a special date night and go to the olive garden before going to the show, here we are...
I was a little nervous about him getting scared but he did great! I would defiantly recommend this to ANYONE who has kids, especially if the are into dinosaurs.These Raptors were one of his favorite parts. They didn't hold back with the fighting and the eating stuff but it didn't bother AJ at all.I couldn't believe how big these things were. they came and leaned right out over top of us, he was way up in the lights! Seriously the video doesn't do it justice.This will defiantly be a night AJ will remember for a long time. Thanks a lot Grandma and Grandpa we had a blast!!!!

4 comments:

The Evansons said...

I saw an AD for this on t.v. and I wanted to go!! Too bad we don't live in a cool place were cool things go on like that. Will would have LOVED it. I'm going to have to show him your videos!

Lorraine said...

Wow, those dinosaurs are amazing. I can only imagine what they must have been like in person. How fun for you guys to take AJ to a show like that. He sure will remember that for a long time.

Linds said...

Holy crap! That was cool. What are those? Are they like puppets? How do they make them move? I would love to go to that just cause it looks so cool. But I'm pretty sure my girls would be scared out of their minds. Anyway, super cool!!

The Tolmans said...

I wanna go!!! That looks so fun. I bet AJ was in heaven, lol. I am excited to see you guys in a few weeks!