10/6/08

178th Semiannual conference

As many of you may know the 178th Semiannual conference took place this past weekend. We didn't actually go to the church for any of the sessions (aside from relief society and priesthood) but we watched them all in our home. Sometimes I think it's better to watch them at home where you have the toys to preoccupied the kids and an area that's baby proof so you're not stressed about what they might be getting into! Anyways conference was AMAZING for me, I felt the spirit so strong and feel certain that the majority of the talks were written for me personal! ha ha. Honestly thought, I have been struggling with all the different feelings that go along with watching someone you love make their way back to our father in heaven, the stress of moving, the distance from home and family, and accepting new changes. I have been looking at the world through my, "Wo is me" glasses.

After listening to the talks and allowing the spirit to bear testimony of their truthfulness everything seems crystal clear with my new outlook focused on gratitude. I am exceedingly grateful for my Grandmother and the wonderful woman that she is. She has taught me so many lessons, shared with my her knowledge and testimony, and together we have made memories that can never die. My heart overflows with gratitude as I realize the blessing she has been in my life and the lives of all those who have known her. I will forever Cherise the times I spent with her and AJ, her love for him was instant and unconditional. She could watch him play for hours and never tire. Although I wish that he could have had time to get to know her better I know there will be plenty of time for that in the hereafter, I feel grateful for my knowledge and understanding of eternal families!

How many blogs have I dedicated to my fear of moving and the stress of finding new friends or fitting into a new ward? TOO MANY. Heavenly Father has organized the church so we as brothers and sisters never need fear of being alone or feeling unwelcome. My new perspective has magnified the many blessings that have come along with our new home in Portland. They are to extensive to name but just let me say that I have no worries or fears about the next four or how ever many years we are here. Already we have so many great friends down here taking care of us. Nicole and I are two peas in a pod (soon to be three) and I know that our meeting was no Chance experience, we have become very close, very fast and for that I am grateful. We have been embraced by our ward family, after only 2 and a half weeks Portland already feels like home. lol, looking back I just think, "oh ye of little faith, why are ye fearful." I should have seen this move for what it was, a blessing, and recognized the unfavorable hue from my "wo is me glasses" making it seem like a trial!

I could go on and on about everything I feel grateful for but I have to get ready for my trip. I will be fling to Edmonton first thing tomorrow with Age and we won't be back for TWO WHOLE WEEKS!!!! What will we do without Aaron?? we are sad but looking forward to seeing family and getting to hang out with Alaina!!! Hope your ready to have so major fun Alaina cuz' we are going to have a blast!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lacey,
Hope you have a good trip up to Edmonton. It's strange that we are way down here in St. George and your heading way up north again. We are looking forward to seeing you on Thanksgiving Day. We will have some turkey action for you. But I'm not sure there will be any pie because we get home so late the night before.

I appreciate your comments about conference. We were able to listen to most of it on the radio while driving through Utah. It was fantastic - and I often had to wipe away tears of gratitude for the wonderful messages.

Well, take care and we'll see you soon.

Nicole W. said...

I totally agree about everything. Conference was amazing and I have SO much to be grateful for!
I'm so glad you moved here. After my best friend moved out of the complex (and city!) 6mo's ago I NEVER thought i'd have another great amazing friend so close by. You've been an answer to my prayers.......and OH the laughter- I have not laughed this much in years, I LOVE IT! and I love you!
have a safe trip and hurry back so we can hang out!

N.