6/16/08

Hero's


There are not a lot of people in my life that I would call hero's. It's a pretty big deal to be a hero and before you get that sort of title I have to know you're going to live up to! However in my life there is one man who has sat on this pedestal for as long as I can remember, Grandpa Fairbanks. My Grandpa is one of the most amazing men you will ever meet. He has a great testimony, the best seance of humor, and an unwavering love for his family. Recently his blood has been so thin he's been getting headaches and on Friday night he took a hard fall. Once at the hospital the discovered that his heart rate was only 30 beats per minute which is REALLY low! They took him off his heart medication and by Saturday afternoon he was feeling a little better. We went to visit him, he just loves seeing all his grand kids and especially his great grandson AJ. The boys gave him a priesthood blessing and then sat and watched the PGA tour with him until he was ready for a nap. When I asked grandpa how he was feeling he said, "pretty good." Never once did he complain while we were there, to me Grandpa will always be a true Hero!

No comments: