6/23/08

Weekend


We had such a fun weekend, unfortunately the batteries in the camera were dead so I have like no pictures! I know it's sad but I am sure you want to hear all about my weekend anyways. Saturday morning after running the Ladies fest run, The Poytress's came to pick up AJ so that we could go to the Temple. We went with Toad and Chuck to the 11:30 session. It was really big and we ended up being there for just over two hours . after our session Aaron was asked to be a proxy for a family sealing, I have never been to something like that before and it was really neat! This woman was probably in her Eighties, she just couldn't stop smiling, it was really great experience. Since we were at the Temple for longer than we expected we really had to boggie home because Char-Lane had to get to work and Toad had Basketball. As for Aaron and I, we spent the rest of the day BBQing with the Poytress family and hanging out at the Fort McLeod swimming pool. We had a blast and AJ just loved his day at Grandma and Grandpa's house.

After Church on Sunday we went to my Aunt Dixie's house for a Fathers day celebration! Grandpa was in the hospital for the real fathers day so we decided to have a BBQ for him this week instead. The weather couldn't have been better, we spent all afternoon outside visiting and eating. After toasting some 'mallows and trying to get Aaron to share a smore we made our way home. It was a busy weekend and AJ had a few later nights than he's use to but this is what summer is all about and we're loving every minute of it!

1 comment:

The Evansons said...

hmmm...... who is that grouchy looking fat lady in the background of one of your pictures, oh yes that is me. I better work on those things.